To help your students learn a world language, don’t forget the power of reading! In this practical book from Donna Spangler and John Alex Mazzante, you’ll gain a variety of strategies and activities that you can use to teach students to read in a world language, boosting their comprehension, vocabulary, and fluency. Perfect for any age or proficiency level, these classroom-ready activities can easily be adapted to suit your needs!
- A discussion of the challenges to teaching reading in the world language classroom
- A variety of adaptable pre-reading, during-reading, and post-reading strategies and activities for students across grade levels and languages
- Essential tips for cultivating vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension
- Reader’s Theater – a special chapter of strategies for implementing this exciting technique
- A list of helpful websites and apps for world language teachers
- Useful appendices, including reproducible material for your classroom
Busy world language teachers will love this book’s numerous classroom examples, ready-to-use templates, and free online reading sources. Bonus: The book includes eResources that are free to adapt and print for classroom use.
2015, 174 PAGES.
Meet the Authors
Part 1: Reading in the World Language Classroom
Part 2: Implications for L2 Teachers
Part 3: Reading Strategies
Part 4: Reading Activities
Part 5: Reader's Theater
Part 6: Resources, References, and Downloads